Become a qualified Open Water Diver
The four open water qualifying dives are your final step to becoming a qualified Open Water Diver.
Diving in UK waters can be slightly more challenging than other more tropical regions. Completing your dives in the UK will definitely allow you to gain a higher level of competence.
All Open Water Dives are conducted in Drysuits and we are currently the only dive school in the UK to have dryglove systems fitted to all our school suits. Drysuits have water tight neck and wrist seals which stop water entering the suit. A thermal base-layer ensures you stay nice and warm, even in the cooler winter months! and we only use the best for our students, so our students get either Fourth Element Arctic or Halo 3D undersuits which are the choice of most instructors.
Please note that using a Drysuit for your open water dives will involve an additional pool session (Drysuit Orientation) on the Friday night prior to your dives for Wraysbury or Thursday night prior to the dives for Vobster Quay. With out this pool session you are not permitted to wear a Drysuit in open water under PADI and HSE rules.
Don't be cold... Be comfortable!
If it has been more than six months since completion of your referral course, you must complete a Refresher course.
- Wraysbury Lake
- Vobster Quay
- Full Equipment
- PADI Certification
- Drysuit Orientation in our pool
- PADI Certification upon completion.
- Minimum age 12 (special arrangements required for 10 & 11 year olds). Please contact us first before booking.
- Certification as a PADI Open Water Referral student within the last 6 Months or completed a refresher.
- Complete 3 PADI forms including a medical questionnaire and liability realeases.. If unsure about any medical history click on the blue Medical Form link below to preview and check the form before booking your course. If you answer YES to ANY of the questions on the form it must be signed by a Doctor before you can do any in water activities. Failure to do this will result in you being sent away until the form has been signed.
- Medical Form
Costs & Additional Costs
- Admission to dive site – (Wraysbury £10 per day per person)(Vobster Quay £18.00 per day per person)
- Air £20
- Discount of £29.00 for any student who has completed the Referral course with us. Use Discount code GS32269
- Please bring your Referral form (you will receive this on completion of your referral course) and your Divers log book to record your open water dives. These are available to buy if you do not already have one. This must have been signed within the last six months or a refresher is required before you may continue with the open water dives.
- Accommodation and transport are not included.
- Children aged 15 or younger may have to complete the dives in a wetsuit instead of a drysuit. This all depends on their sizes, which will be taken at the time of booking. Please check with us first to confirm options available.
- We reserve the right to conduct the dives in semi-dry wetsuits, should we not have your particular size available in a Drysuit.
- If using a Dry Suit, a confined water orientation session is required before your course. These take place at the pool in Lingfield between 19:00-22:00 on the Friday evening before your course for events at Wraysbury and on the Thursday evening before your course for events at Vobster Quay. Attendance is compulsory to enable safe use of a Drysuit.
- Given that all Gatwick Scuba students are taught to use a Drysuit as part of their Open Water Course our students are given the option to upgrade their course and get the full Drysuit Diver Qualification at the same time. This costs an additional £100.00 saving £50.00 over doing the Drysuit course seperatly. the cost includes the Manual and the PADI fee's. You can pre book this when registering for your dives via email requesting to add the Drysuit upgrade or choose on the weekendwhile doing the Open Water Dives before the course finishes.