The advanced course is designed to build upon the skills you learned in the PADI Open Water Course. There are five modules completed over two days which are designed to introduce you to several different aspects of diving. All our dives are conducted in Dry Suits.
There are two compulsory core dives:
- Deep dive which will expand your knowledge and develop your understanding of Decompression Sickness & Nitrogen Narcosis Underwater and Underwater Navigation.
- There are then 3 elective dives. A number of options are available depending on conditions and location of the course. Once you have successfully completed this course, you will be certified to dive to a depth of 30 meters (100 feet) and undertake such diving activities as you have learned on the course.
- Vobster Quay.
- PADI's Advanced Open Water E-Learning worth £155.00
- Certification (on successful completion of the course)
- Full Equipment (including dry suit if you have completed a drysuit orientation)
- Certified Open Water Diver or equivalent
- Minimum 12 years of age
- Read the relevant sections of the Adventures in Diving Manual & complete 5 Knowledge Reviews plus Thinking Like A Diver section or complete PADI's Advanced Open Water E-Learning.
- Drysuit diver qualified or attend drysuit orientation previously. If not then one will be scheduled for you to attend.
- Before Booking Your Course. Please click on the highlighted forms in blue and printout them out and complete them, Continuing Education Administration Document & PADI Medical form. Please read the medical carefully and follow all the instructions, if a GP's signature is required on page 3 please get this signed before booking the course. If you have issues with your GP signing then please contact the shop for assistance. Failure to do this may result in you being sent away until the form is completed.
- Be up to date with dive skills by either completed a Refresher or have logged dives within the last 6 months in your logbook.
Course Options, Costs & Additional Costs
- Course cost £295.00 including PADI's E-Learning Materials worth £155.00.
- Dive site entrance fee (£23.00 per day Vobster Quay)
- Air £25
- Accommodation & Travel
- A VOUCHER is available so students can complete their PRE-STUDY and then call the shop to arrange their training dates.
- Given that all Gatwick Scuba students are taught to use a Drysuit as part of their Open Water Course our students are given the option to upgrade their course and get the full Drysuit Diver Qualification at the same time. This costs an additional £100.00 saving £50.00 over doing the Drysuit course seperatly. The cost includes the PADI E-Learning and certification fee's. This can only be booked and paid for on weekend once you have passed the Open Water Qualifying Dives.